Friday, July 3, 2009

The Public Duty Doctrine.9: The Smoking Gun

This exercise may be just for my benefit: organizing my thoughts and records for some future forum. I trust, though, it will spread throughout cyberspace and start people thinking about The Public Duty Doctrine, especially during these times of diminishing returns (governmental services).

"The Smoking Gun" is a metaphor; I just want to put that to rest.

If you are a former government worker or presently employed by government, whether federal, state or local, I am in need of information regarding your employer's past and current policy on either disclosing or not disclosing The Public Duty Doctrine to its citizens.

I'm particularly interested in U.S. policies. However, I would also be interested in foreign policies concerning the same, particularly Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Ireland, and Canada.

This information, hopefully, would come in the form of memoranda for public consumption. I don't want anyone to break the law by violating non-disclosure policies and/or laws. If you should find such and are unable to forward me a copy, I would appreciate your citing the regulation, what department it is located in, the volume, custodian of the record, and whether it is past or current policy. If you can send me a copy of such, again, without violating any policy or law, I would appreciate your sending it to:

David McMillan, 103 Hughes Road, Waynesville, N.C. 28786

If you feel uncomfortable sending it through the mail, you might send it by UPS or FedEx, or certified mail so I can pick it up at the post office. You can either identify yourself or not; you are not the issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment